Unique Outdoor Illumination & Mosquito Pros is committed to protecting Houston, Texas’s home and business owners against mosquitoes. We want our clients to be able to enjoy the outdoors to the fullest—swimming, grilling, and having family gatherings without swatting at mosquitoes and scratching at their bites. To help you make the best mosquito-prevention decision for your home, we’ve created an FAQ that answers burning questions about our mosquito misting services. Read on to learn about automatic mosquito misting, manual mosquito fogging, and more.
What Is Automatic Mosquito Misting?
Automatic mosquito misting systems are designed to kill mosquitos and other outdoor pests by spraying pesticides. They consist of the main unit with attached misting nozzles that are installed around your property. The system is programmed to release a mosquito-killing spray for 30 to 60 seconds at dusk and dawn to protect your yard from these pesky pests.
What Is Manual Mosquito Fogging?
Manual fogging consists of spraying insecticide around the yard monthly to treat it for mosquitoes. Unlike automatic misting systems, you need to schedule manual fogging regularly to effectively protect your property against mosquitoes and other insects.
What Attracts Mosquitoes to My Yard?
Many factors in residential backyards and business properties attract mosquitoes. From standing water to tall grass, the smallest of places can provide a haven for these insects. Eliminating areas where mosquitoes feel safe enough to have their young is an essential step to protecting your family, employees, or customers. Here are some factors that attract mosquitoes:
- Tall weeds and grasses: These give mosquitoes a place to rest during the hottest part of the day. Cut grass and weeds regularly to help prevent mosquitoes from gathering.
- Items that can lead to standing water: Misplaced trash, trash can lids, small ponds, and other similar items can form areas of standing water where mosquitoes like to lay their eggs. Remove items like this from your yard and ensure any fountains or ponds have some water circulation.
How Does the Mosquito Misting System Work?
Our precision-engineered mosquito misting nozzles are installed about every 10-15 feet around the perimeter of your property. This includes areas such as tree lines, fence lines, and risers. The control unit will be near easy access to a water faucet and an electrical outlet, typically somewhere near the home but positioned to be out of view.
Once installed, the misting unit’s electronic controller is programmed to initiate a 30-60 second misting using specially formulated botanical insecticide. This misting goes off twice a day at dawn and dusk. This is when mosquitoes and other harmful insects are the most active while helpful insects, such as butterflies and bees, are not.
Once the misting commences, the insecticide drifts around the property, settling lightly on grass and landscaping. It kills any mosquito or other pests, such as spiders, gnats, and flies, that come into contact with it.
What Are the Benefits of an Automatic Mosquito Misting System?
- Property owners don’t have to schedule a team to come out and mist every month.
- Automatic systems require little to no maintenance, meaning property owners can get one installed and focus on the other aspects of their yard and day.
- The automatic pesticide is sprayed at lower levels more frequently, which is effective against mosquitos but safe for bees and butterflies.
- Coverage is more consistent and adjusted based on the size of your yard.
- The pesticide concentration is adjusted to meet the needs of your yard.
- The consistent coverage ensures that the level of protection never decreases.
How Long Does the Mosquito Misting System Refill Last?
The standard tank for a mosquito misting system holds about 64 ounces of the insecticide and can last a homeowner about two to three months before a refill is needed.
Reliable Automatic Mosquito Misting Systems in Houston, Texas
Unique Outdoor Illumination & Mosquito Pros is dedicated to the health and safety of the residential and commercial clients of Houston, Texas, and the surrounding cities. We offer state-of-the-art mosquito misting systems installation, repair, maintenance, and refill services around the clock.
Whether our team installed your automatic mosquito misting system, we are happy to help you if it breaks down or needs maintenance. Contact us today for more information on our automatic mosquito misting system or to schedule an appointment.